01 02 03 The Princess and The Pickle: Our Treat of the Week - Making Colourful Cookie-Pops! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Our Treat of the Week - Making Colourful Cookie-Pops!

34


One of our Easter holiday activities was making these colourful cookie lollipops! 


 I used a basic cookie recipe but my kitchen scales have broken and I guessed the amount of each ingredient, so these turned out a bit more cake-like than they should, but I'm still quite proud of them!

I divided the dough up and added a few drops of food colouring by making a 'well' in each ball of dough and then kneading it until the colour was mixed in.

With the 'help' of the little ones, we rolled the dough into long sausage shapes and curled them into swirls, pushing a lollipop stick into one end.
 

 I also tried rolling out the dough and stacking the different colours on top of each other, then rolling the whole thing up and slicing with a knife.  I pressed a glass down on each slice to flatten slightly and make into more of a circle

They were baked for about 10 minutes then cooled down.  Then it was time for the fun part...


The Princess and The Pickle had a lot of fun decorating their Cookie-pops with icing and sprinkles.  And more icing!


But the best bit of course was eating them!
 



35 36 37 38